Friday, April 27, 2012

Tropicana Premium Orange Juice with Fun Memories.



Some foods we eat today may bring back very special memories of our lives. One memory that I have of oranges and Tropicana Orange Juice has a very interesting and fun spin attached to it.

One year during the school winter vacation my family went to spend the vacation  at my grandmother's house in Florida. One of things she would have in the kitchen was a bowl of fruit which included a few oranges, bananas and some others. On arrival that morning at her house she offered us some fruit which included some oranges.

"Why can't I have some orange juice" my brother asked her.He was just six at the time. He didn't eat any oranges, but later that day she found him outside playing baseball, using the oranges as baseballs with another boy next door. With orange pieces all over the backyard grandma seemed very upset. I was trying to stifle my laughter as I looked on, but because Grandma seemed so upset. I was trying to be sensitive to her situation and I didn't show it.

"The two major orange types in Tropicana Pure Premium are Valencia and Hamlin"


Anyway she did go to the supermarket that evening and we accompanied grandma. When we passed through the Freezer section my brother picked up two containers of Tropicana Orange Juice and put them in the Grocery Cart. What a brave kid! Grandma looked at him with that "Grandma look" and he just shrugged. Of course today we still make fun of this.

I could just imagine that after being so accustomed to Orange Juice in a glass it was hard for my brother to want the oranges, but the good thing is that  Tropicana Orange Juice is made with 100% Florida Oranges. Here is some important information and research about Tropicana from their website that makes it such a reputable and popular brand.

"Tropicana’s roots in Florida go back a to the 1960s."

 
"Tropicana Pure Premium is 100% Pure Florida Orange Juice. 
Tropicana is the single largest buyer of Florida fruit, purchasing approximately 11.6 billion oranges from Florida each year..The different microclimates and soil types mean that fruit reaches peak maturity at different times, allowing Tropicana to harvest ripe fruit throughout the entire growing season."

Nowadays I buy Tropicana quite frequently, and It's a lot of fun chatting and posting on to their facebook page. I even found my brother doing some posting on it also, and I was quite surprised to find that out. But I guess there will always be some die hard Tropicana Orange Juice drinkers out there.

You can find any other information about Tropicana Orange Juice on their facebook page by clicking on the link below and at Tropicana.com

     “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tropicana blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.” (make sure you link to http://tropicanapurepremium.socialmoms.com)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment